Habitat Young Professionals’ Emerging Leaders Build is an exclusive fundraising event that celebrates 25 up-and-coming young leaders in the community and provides:
- Unique opportunity to network with like-minded community leaders;
- Forge new connections / bonds that may lead to business and personal opportunities
- Build skills for leadership roles in our community and at area non-profits; and
- Participants establish greater involvement with Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver.
Schedule of Events
- Thursday, August 24 (5:30-7pm)- Kick-off Happy Hour with remarks from Habitat CEO, Heather Lafferty (Little Machine Brewery, 2924 W 20th Ave, Denver, CO 80211)
- Saturday, August 26 (8am-3:30pm)- Emerging Leaders Build Day and lunch with keynote speaker, Joshua Hunt; please note breakfast and lunch is complimentary.
This year's VIP speaker is Joshua Hunt-- Habitat Denver board member, Founder/ CEO of Trelora, and Denver community leader.
Benefits of participating, include:
- Opportunity to network with other fellow civic-minded young professionals in the community
- Access to Habitat’s CEO and members of Habitat's Board of Directors
- Build your skills and add to your resume for future leadership roles at area non-profits or other roles in the community
- Receive a participant roster that highlights each participant's biography and contact information to easily help you make professional connections!
- Make a tangible impact and difference for hardworking families in Denver through affordable homeownership!
To apply or nominate another Emerging Leader (40 years old or under) in the community, please complete the Emerging Leaders Application Form (additional spots added! deadline is Friday, August 11th).
The Emerging Leaders Build is a fundraiser for Habitat’s homeownership program. In addition to swinging a hammer on site, each participant is asked to help support the project with a financial contribution to help pay for construction materials and invest in making a difference for hardworking Denver families.
Applicants are asked to set a $500 donation goal for the event, working toward the Habitat Young Professionals overall event goal of $20,000. Every donation goes directly towards building affordable homes with Habitat Denver.
Many emerging Leaders fundraise toward the $500 donation goal by:
- Requesting donations from personal and professional network (crowdfunding)
- Requesting sponsorship from your employer, either wholly or partly
- Contributing personally as a way to give back to the community
We are here to help you every step of the way and can plug you into fun, easy ways to raise support from your company and community.
Company Sponsorship Opportunity
Does your company want to associate itself with community-building, rising stars, and a highly-focused audience of civic-minded young professionals?
(Yes, of course)
Great! There are sponsorship opportunities available at the Emerging Leader’s Build. Please find our a sponsorship brochure here: Sponsorship Packet.
Your company's support is a commitment to empowering hard-working families to achieve strength, stability, and self-reliance through home ownership. For more information, contact Laura Jepsen at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your consideration and generosity!
2017 Information Packets
For questions about the Emerging Leaders Build, please contact Laura Jepsen at 720-496-2733 or email@example.com